To remove scars

I have injury scars and dark spots on my leg and pimple marks on my face. can injury scars and dark spots be removed by laser treatments like chemical peel or anything? and i am suffering from PCOD so how is it safe to remove facial hair by laser treatment?

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello, scar treatment depends on scar type & skin type and thus it is individualized. In general scars can be treated with micro-needling, PRP, Co2 laser, MNRF or Scar revision surgeries. Peels help to reduce dark spots along with topical skin lightening creams and sunscreens. To avoid further dark spots it is important not to touch/ fiddle with pimples as they leave behind marks and scars. To gain optimum result from laser hair removal it is necessary to take medication for Pcod simultaneously. Generally it takes 8 to 10 sessions for laser hair reduction however in some patients who have PCOD, the number of sessions can increase or touch-up sessions may be needed later. To know more about PCOD, laser hair rmoval and scar treatment you may visit www.eternisclinic.com Warm Regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Pune