To_eat__Khajoor in_pregna
Is khajoor advisable to eat in pregnancy ( 5 month completed ) ( 17-05 PPBS -108, 19-05- PPBS -101, 22-05- PPBS -93 ) HbA1c - 5.4 , if yes then let me know no. of piece per day

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Dietitian/Nutritionist 22 yrs exp Kolkata

Hello - I advice to avoid dates as this is high calorie dry fruits with high quantity of sugar. It increases body fat & sugar level. There are more good fruits u can consume apart from this.
Ms. Sadia Sana
Dietitian/Nutritionist 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
I disagree with Swapan, I accept dates are calorie rich but it also have many micro nutrients in it which are required by the body. Also have immunity factor. Yes it is sweet, and that sweetness retains body water i.e. hydration is avoided. Date is execellant when eaten on empty stomach. It also help in blood circulation, maintaining BP levels. As you said you are in 2nd trimester of your pregnancy have 2 dates in morning soaked in milk(lukewarm) for about 30 minutes. Baby will also be healthy. There is not scientific evidence that khajoor is lactogogous (ease mammary glands with milk)as fenugreek and soya, but it helps in that process. It also have many more benefits. If you want exact diet to follow or any other queries can always message me personally or even take practo appointment for call counselling.