Tmj from last 15 months
I have been diagnosed tmj on right side, but beside the sound while opening jaw, popping sound in ears, I am facing more issues. Like jaw lock in mornings, regular throat infection, sensitivity in teeth, pain behind eyes and face pain. From my side, I stopped chewing gum and chewy food. I also apply heat packs.

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 17 yrs exp Bangalore

Do restrict your mouth opening while yawning and do not stuff your mouth with lots of food. Mouth opening at times is involuntary and intentional effort of restricting it is an effort from your side. At an early of 22 its better to get it examined and if deemed necessry an addional MRI would help. Be cautious and not negligent.
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..you need an orthodontic correction. It can be solved if doctor is expert in treatments of TMJ disorder. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi there ...you should consult a oral surgeon or oral medicine specialist for proper diagnosis with x-rays ...ASAP. As home care measures, support your jaws while yawning, talk less and don't try to open your mouth wide... Take care ..!!
Dr. Shlesha Shah
Dentist 10 yrs exp Mumbai

You need to get a thorough check up done by a dentist,who might recommend some x rays to be taken and referral to a specialist if required.
Dr. Priyanka Mittal (Garg)
Dentist 11 yrs exp Bhopal
You might undergone any injury on chin ... it's better to consult a dentist near by you...till then don't try to open your mouth too much.....n support it while yawning n during cough....