TMJ Disorders

I have a problem of TMJ and both of jaw joints have got completely damaged I even use to wear mouth guard for it but increased a lot I got surgery done of left jaw joint about 5 months ago and the doc said that clinching sounds but still at I hear those clinching sounds and it pains a lot I'm unable to sleep at night nor I'm able to eat everything what should I do please help.

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..it can be solved completely by TMJ specialist. You need to get a good teeth alignment done to solve this. Regards

Hi....., Mouth guards may be helpful if you grind your teeth.... If TMD is caused by a disease such as arthritis, a steroid injection into the jaw joint can help reduce pain and swelling in a joint or the surrounding soft tissue.... Open joint surgery may be considered in the rare cases where there is an abnormality within the joint..... Total joint replacement is recommended for an small number of people with severe, long-lasting symptoms and impaired jaw function....