Tingling in left hamstrin

Hi. I have a tingling feeling in left leg hamstring since 1 week. I had similar scenarios in my right & left leg hamstring previously too as I play full time Badminton. However proper stretching & rest helped me recover. But since 1 week this tingling feeling in my left hamstring isn't seeing any change at all. Whom should I consult - a neurologist or an Ortho or a chiropractor. Please advise. Thank You

Doctor Answers (4) on Tingling in left hamstrin

Dr. Priyanka Bhati Faridabad | Physiotherapist
Dear friend
Please contact a good neurologist for proper diagnosis.
Than visit neuro physio.
Saurabh Bhalla Delhi | Occupational Therapist
You must consider a visit to Neurologist, who preferably shall be referring for an NCV/MRI for exact extent of the problem. Tingling usually occurs only in 2 cases either there is a nerve damage or the nerve is healing it self. in your case, it is option 1 i.e the nerve is being compromised somewhere due to stretch or due to compression a brief historical information should be enough to decide upon Investigation procedure. To be precise if you at any time before commencement of tingling had a stretch / muscle pull / cramp the test for choice would be NCV. otherwise if you had a sudden impact due to jump/fall the choice would be an MRI. Which then could be managed by Therapy primarily including a bit of traction along with strengthening of back musculature and also Abdominals will give you core stability accompanied with of stretching for core muscles and back will give you flexibiity with agility. Considering you as a full time badminton professional I Expect that 1. you are wearing a comfortable and a cushioning footwear (consider it as tyre for your car affecting ride quality). 2. Doing Stretching of back
However, you can straightaway go to a Occupational Therapist/ Sports- physiotherapist / or simply do it yourself - bridging exercises that should prove to be beneficial for you. if still the tingling does not go consider goint to a neurologist
DO NOT BEND FORWARD, and / or do OVER STRETCHINGS. Consult as soon as possible. best of luck for your future games. STAY HEALTHY
Dr. P.V. Ravi Shankar Visakhapatnam | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Better to consult a neuro physician than consult to a physiotherapist for ur fast recovery
Dr. Arpita Shah Mumbai | Occupational Therapist
Visit an orthopedic. Preferably a spine specialist.