Thyroid problem

Today i have got my report card reporting thyroid test. It is 6.66. My doctor said it is high.i m scared of it.so Please sir/ madam, tell me how to control it? I dont have any allergy..i m 25 yrs old.my weight is 78kg. I m a student. Another parameters are as follows: Cholesterol : 118.4 Triglyceride : 166.2

Doctor Answers (3) on Thyroid problem

Dr. A. Salam Pune | General Physician
Dear Practo user. Just repeat your thyroid test. Do free T3, free T4
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Why have you not attached the reports of the same? What is 6.66? Is it t3,t4 or tsh? You see, its always better to attach the reports with a question that you post. Nothing to be scared of thyroid. Many people in this world are having thyroid imbalances but leading a perfectly normal life. You just have to take one tablet everyday thats it and do not miss it. Do not fall to quacks who claim cure of thyroid issues by taking their medicines. You will be alright. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear Apart form Thyroid ,your other parameters are normal. You need to take medicines for thyroid to bring it under control. There is nothing to be afraid of in that as many people are affected by thyroid imbalances and take medicines for the same. Unfortunately there is no specific diet regimen that you have to follow to keep a check on thyroid levels. You can however perform regular exercises to keep your weight normal.