diabetes-icon

Thyroid problem

My thyroid level is in range of normal range,though my doctor is not decreasing the power of my medicine.It is still of 100mg which is causing effect on body like hair loss and feeling little weak. So,should I decrease the power of medicine to 25mg.

Doctor Answers (1) on Thyroid problem

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hey, what's your thyroid level ? important factor in determining dose is whether you are on any medication that may interfere with the absorption or metabolism of your thyroid medication. For instance, if you are on estrogen therapy, birth control pills or certain antidepressants, you may need a higher dose.you are having normal thyroid levels with that particular dose of thyroxine ,if you decrease it to 25mcg TSH level shoots up. However if you are having palpitation, anxiety, sweating ,weakness consult physician to adjust dose as these are symptoms of over medication.