diabetes-icon
Thyroid level 3.5 is high for pregnancy
My TSH is 3.59 and i have just found that i'm pregnant, my gyne suggested to start thyroid medicine. just wanted to confirm if we have this much TSH do doctors prescribe thyroid tablets.

Yes Ur doctor is correct ... Plz start the medicine Pregnancy is a high demand state Ur baby also need ur thyroid hormone for his brain development specially in first trimester TSH levels should be targeted at half of half of normal range ( I.e. if range is 0 to 6 then half is 3 and it's half is 1.5 ----> so the target should be 1.5 ) Repeat ur TFT after 1 month and consult with ur doctor

Getting pregnant with thyroid problems Tsh levels in pregnancy How to overcome thyroid problems