Thyroid problem
I got thyroid test generally,got to know that TSH is 6.37.which doctor should i consult Either gen physician or Endocrinologist? Am i suffering from hypothyroidism? is the Tsh level is above range?
92 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Rakesh Arora
Endocrinologist 6 yrs exp Amritsar
Ideally you should provide the upper limit of normal range for that laboratory to tell whether it is raised or not. But usually upper limit is around 4 to 5.5. So this is apparently above normal range. This much rise in tsh is usually seen in subclinical hypothyroidism. You may or may not need treatment depending upon other factors. You should see an Endocrinologist if possible.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.