THYROID PROBLEM

Hi, my wife has TSH LEVEL OF 0.01 but t3 and t4 levels are normal. We are planning to have a baby will this effect her in conceiving.

Doctor Answers (4) on THYROID PROBLEM

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
This sounds like autoimmune  thyroiditis.  Yes it may adversely  affect the fertility  and pregnancy  if left unaddressed.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Since how long are you trying for a baby? Has it been more than year? If it has been more than one year then consult an infertility specialist and get basic fertility investigations done to rule out the cause behind inability to conceive. Your wife is likely to have hyperthyroidism since her TSH levels are quite low. In this case, she might have menstrual issues due to thyroid, which might affect her chances to become pregnant. For now, visit a physician and get her thyroid treatment. Once her thyroid levels stabilises then you can try for pregnancy. Wishing you luck. You can also visit our clinic International Fertility Centre located in new Delhi for further evaluation. My clinic is a network of 14 clinic located across India and Nepal that offers varied fertility treatments and services to help you have a baby. You can mail your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi, thyroid levels r less. Repeat t3, t4, tsh and also thyroid antibodies and meet endocrinologist. It may affect pregnancy.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well the tsh levels are low...it is indicative of hyperthyroidism..I want to examine ger for symptoms related to it like menstrual cycle, weight gain/loss etc..please consult a physician...yes she needs to get it corrected as pregnancy itself will be a stress period..so please get it corrected..meet a physician .. thank you