Thyroid problem

Around 4 years back I was detected with thyroid during my first pregnancy and since then I am on thyronorm 50mcg . Regularly in six months I get my self checked for Thyroid profile. The results for the present reports are TRI-IODO THYRONIN, (T3)80.660.0 - 181.0ng/dLTHYROXIN, (T4)7.803.20 - 12.6µg/dLTHYROID STIMULATING HORMONE2.450.35 - 5.50µIU/mL

Doctor Answers (1) on Thyroid problem

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..., Standard treatment for hypothyroidism involves daily use of the synthetic thyroid hormone levothyroxine . This oral medication restores adequate hormone levels, reversing the signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism. One to two weeks after starting treatment, you'll notice that you're feeling less fatigued. The medication also gradually lowers cholesterol levels elevated by the disease and may reverse any weight gain. Treatment with levothyroxine is usually lifelong, but because the dosage you need may change, your doctor is likely to check your TSH level every year....