Thyroid cancer

My sister was operated for thyroid cancer by you. She is now in Italy.She is doing fine and on Thyroid hormone 125 mg daily. You had advised thyroid scan and other tests for followup. Please advise which tests to be done.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

please upload TNM stage of the malignancy ( type and extent of tumour) and the exact surgery done. Was PET-CT done to search for metastases? By the way full thyroid profile is not necessary. Only TSH is enough after 12 hours fasting(overnight) and is to be done every 90 days( as your thyroid hormone tablets come in 100 tablet packs) so as to guide the doctor to prescribe accurate hormone replacement each time.
Dr. D.Vidyasagar
Rhinologist 10 yrs exp Hyderabad
If your sister was operated by me please mail me the details of surgery and also Regd no. I will get back to you. She will require a Thyroid profile to be done every 6 months to see if the thyroxine dosage is enough.
send me the regd details and regd no so as to get back.