Throat infection and mucu

Dear Doctors, I have a problem with wet nostrils and mucus in throat. I have been suffering with this since a long ago ( roughly around some 10 years) I have consulted several physicians earlier and was of no use. Recently I contacted one of the renowned ENT surgeon and specialist and he advised me to atke a Scan for sinus and other blood allergic profile tests etc. Everything was done and finally found no any sinus or problem in the allergic profile. The doctor then examined me and confirmed that there is a infection in the throat and has given some medicines. I have been using this from the last one month but I don't find any benefit from this yet. I have stopped taking cold beverages or sweets, and taking hot water all the time. But still the problem exists. Since last the 10 years my nostrils never got dry. This really making a big impact on the quality of my life. Suggest me something more relevant
views-icons 35 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Throat infection and mucu

Dr. Sumit Bhatti Pune | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Hi, Thankyou for your query. 1. If you can share the CT Scan images, list of medications and the allergy test reports, it will help in your treatment. 2. Chronic and excessive nasal secretions is a common problem and successful treatment depends on identifying the source and cause of the secretions over the years. 3. Hypertonic saline nasal washes and anti-reflux treatment can be useful in some cases. Awaiting your reply, Regards.
Please upload copies of your reports and prescriptions.
Hypertonic saline nasal washes.
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | Otologist/ Neurotologist
You may be suffering from vaso-motor rhinitis which has the similar symptoms of nasal allergy, but all the allergic parameters are normal. The condition is caused by imbalance of the para sympathetic and sympathetic nerve supply of the nose. It can be toned up by regular physical exercises, avoidance of hot and spiecy foods and steroid nasal spray. Surgery may help some patients.