Throat and Ear pain

I would like to tell you that I have been suffering from ear crackling since 4 months; my ear crackles while swallowing or yawning. Kindly; help. Also; I have been on medication since 5 months for the inflammation on my vocal cords. I had a reflux, which inflammed my larynx part of throat; 5 months back. Till, today I am taking medicines. Earlier, Alopathy and Now, Homeopathy. Had a laryngoscopy 4.5 months back; shown *Augmented Congestion Present* on my vocal cords. Kindly, tell me the diet and lifestyle changes and what should I do? I am in 3rd year of college. Its 5 months now, I m not able to study well. The pain in throat was worse earlier but now it remains very very lwess; but still their. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Throat and Ear pain

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | Otologist/ Neurotologist
May be LPR which is causing your throat problem is also causing the ear problem. To control LPR, beside taking medicines you should modify your lifestyle and food habits. Avod spiecy food, red chillies, mustard, smoking and alcohol. Take your dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed. Avoid coffee , go to bed early. Get an audiometry and tympanometry to assess the condition of your ears. Finally consult a good ENT doctor for comprehensive treatment of both the conditions.