Your symptoms are suggestive of acute pharyngotonsilitis. Acute pharyngotonsillitis is caused by bacteria which first adhere to the epithelial surface and then invade the tonsillar parenchyma. You require antibiotics, antihistamines and antacids. The following steps may help:
- Avoid cold food and water, preferably have hot food and water
- Don't skip meals have a liquid diet containing soups and progressively increase to solid diet as per how you can tolerate.
- Have food rich in vitamin C such as oranges to help build immunity.
- Drink plenty of fluids, drink 3 liters of water per day
- Do salt water gargling with lukewarm water thrice a day
- Do steam inhalation (plain steam) thrice a day and apply vaporub over your chest and nose
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Rest plenty, body heals while at rest
If the condition persists or worsens visit nearest ER at earliest
Follow the steps as advised
If condition persists or worsens visit the ER at the earliest
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.