Telegen effluvium
I have been told by a dermatologist that I have telogen effluvium as I had been sick few months ago. I would wanna know what can be done about the situation or do I have to only wait for few months for it to go away?
201 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

Acute telogen effluvium happens if patient had health issues or stress in the past 3 months generally. You need to have a healthy diet, some rest and moderate physical activity. Improvement in overall general health is needed. You may consult a physician for a general health check including complete hemogram with peripheral smear examination, serum ferritin - to rule out anemia . If you have any gynec issues, please consult your gynecologist. Slow regrowth of hair happens in most cases. Look for underlying general health issues and treat through appropriate doctors.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Telogen effluvium regrowth
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.