Teethache left jaw

I had mild sensitivity to cold stuff in my upper left jaw along with short and frequent pain. Very Mild pain on tapping one of the molars. One dentist diagnosed this as gum infection and prescribed pain killer, antibiotic and stolin. But it didn't gave me instant relief ,so next day another dentist saw cavity between two molar after x-ray. He did temporary filling and sensitivity is gone now but I get short period (10 min) pain . Do I need root canal or its just gum infection that will cure by using stolin.

Doctor Answers (2) on Teethache left jaw

Hi..you need root canal to solve it. Regards
Hi friend, Your pain seems to be originating from the tooth although there is no sure way to tell without radiographs. Mild gum infection would have subsided with the help of cleaning and medication. Now, pulpitis is of two types- reversible or irreversible. Whenever the tooth undergoes any trauma or injury, its pulp becomes inflamed and causes sharp pain. If the trauma is of short duration, cavity is not deep and intensity of trauma is low- your pulp heals on its own and doesn't need RCT. Now your case shows that you have been long disturbed by this pain. So, the propensity for the pulpitis to be irreversible increases. If the filling was done properly, you can take some rest and see if pain goes. If with time, it doesn't go away, you will need RCT.