Teeth Pain
My left side last tooth is in black colour from last one year, but I never get pain. But from past 2 days getting pain very much. Due to this getting headache also. Now I am taking some pain relief tablets. Please tell me the solution. Removal of tooth or root canal which one is best, pls suggest me.

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..root canal is best compared to extraction. Let your dentist take decision. Visit dentist ASAP. Regards
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 16 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hii by following your question it looks like wisdom teeth if it is impacted ( not properly erupted) Extraction is the only option if it is properly erupted then Root canal treatment can be done. Firstly, by taking an X-ray treatment is advised or confirmed. If its your second molar then definitely root canal treatment can be done depending on the damage of your tooth structure.
Dr. Sanjay Shah
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 31 yrs exp Mumbai

All the teeth usually can be saved by a root canal treatment even if it's your wisdom tooth.  If your wisdom tooth is not impacted it can be easily saved by root canal therapy.  Plz don't extract it.  But having said that we should see the xrays first to evaluate.  Plz send me the pic of ur tooth along with xrays.  Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre anytime. God bless u always.
Dr. Kanika Manchanda
Dentist 11 yrs exp Delhi

Firstly, you should know is it a wisdom tooth or not. If it's a wisdom tooth you can still plan of getting it removed, but if its your 2nd molar, do get it root canal treated at the earliest. Saving a tooth is always our prime motive and not removing it. Visit a dentist in your vicinity and your cavity checked. Regards. De' Cure Multispeciality Dental Clinic, Delhi.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Extraction of the tooth can be done in virtually every case..... what you need to check is whether the tooth can be saved by root canal treatment or not..... this will require a proper clinical examination and 1 x-ray...... it will be highly recommended that you go for root canal treatment if possible and add functional life to the tooth again..... Regards.....
Dr. Sunny Soni
Endodontist 5 yrs exp Bangalore

Good afternoon sir, If you plan to remove the tooth then it is really challenging to replace a tooth and is expensive . I suggest you to get a root canal treatment followed by a good crown to save your tooth and last a lifetime
Dr. Vidhu.S
Dentist 12 yrs exp Delhi
Hello firstly we need to know whether its your wisdom tooth or second molar ...if its your second molar and can be saved by doing rootcanal treatment then saving the tooth is the best option ..if its wisdom tooth we need to see the condition of tooth and how it is placed accordingly decide whether rct or extraction...and wisdom teeth if removed no replacement is required but if it is second molar and goes for removal it has to be replaced..
Dr. R N Sashidhar
Dentist 8 yrs exp Vijayawada
It's better you visit near by dentist and get his opinion.if there is sound tooth crown than you can get the root canal done for it.if it's wisdom tooth than better get the tooth extract.