Tattoo Removal

I have inked an tattoo last month. I kind of regret it and want to remove it. First question, is it safe to remove it by laser treatment? Second, will it get removed completely or it will leave marks?

Doctor Answers (2) on Tattoo Removal

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...if your tattoo is very small, you can get it excised. It will only leave a small scar along suture line. You can get it done by a plastic surgeon. If it is big, then laser is your only option. Laser removal also depends on the colour of pigment used in the tattoo. Pigments like black and red, are easy to remove when compared to green pigments. Laser treatment will have to be done monthly once. It will take about 5 to 10 sessions depending on the response. Also complete removal of the tattoo is very rare. There will be some post inflammatory hyper or hypo - pigmentation left. You can consult a dermatologist for further information. They will be able to help you further.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Sir, Laser is the only safe way to remove a tattoo. It may leave some marks but if you get it done from a good institution, the marks will be minimal.