Tetanus after tattoo

I recently got a permanent tattoo done on my back and post that I have noticed a few symptoms of tetanus. They are 1 Fever 2 Cramps in neck 3 problem in breathing I have got a vaccine for tetanus in last year. Suggest me if I should again get another.

Doctor Answers (2) on Tetanus after tattoo

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern but it's not tetanus. Don't be worried about it much. Since your last dose of tetanus was last year, you do not need to repeat the tetanus shot, your body already has enough immunity against tetanus. It's normal to face such problems after a tattoo, no need to worry. Consult a physician if fever doesn't come down after 2 days. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
hello, since you are already taken TT injection one year back , no need to take it again.It's normal....to get fever , neck pain, problem in breathing(since the tattoo is on the back) , you just received a large flesh wound and now your body is trying to heal. Rest, eat good food and have good hydration. over the counter paracetomol will help to reduce fever. if fever doesnt come down with in two days of tattoo, if it worsens please consult a physcian.