Tattoo problem

I had made permanent tattoo on my back and chest. Now I want to remove it permanently, is there any process or surgery by that it can be removed permanently.

Doctor Answers (1) on Tattoo problem

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there..it is very difficult to remove tattoo, especially a permanent one. It will take a lot of time and money. The best way to remove tattoos now is laser. But it is slightly expensive. Also it will depend on the size of the tattoo, pigments used in the tattoo. Pigments like black Blue are relatively easy to remove, whereas green is difficult. Lasers procedure will be done on a monthly basis and will require about 4-10 sessions based on improvement. Kindly consult a dermatologist for the above procedure. If the tattoo is very small, then even excision can be done. For this you can consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon or general surgeon.