Taniea versicolor( white)

Hi, recently I observed white spots kind and it is on my chest and it is in shape of my inner .first I thought it was tan lines and soon i consulted dermatologist and she said that its a fungal infection ( taniea versicolor) gave dk gelmiconazolenitrate gel and am using it from 10days pls say me time to cure am worried

Doctor Answers (1) on Taniea versicolor( white)

Dr. Harikiran Chekuri Hyderabad | Plastic Surgeon
Hi, Tinea versicolor can be successfully treated with various agents.topical agents like selenium sulfide. Oral therapy is also effective for tinea versicolor and is often preferred by patients because it is more convenient and less time consuming. Of course, oral therapy can be used in combination with topical gels. 200 mg/d for 5 or 7 days of itraconazole, 300 mg/wk for 2 weeks of fluconazole, and 200 mg/d for 2 days of pramiconazole ..any one of these drugs can be taken along with gel your are using now.. plz consult doctor before using medication...