Tailbone fracture

I had tail bone fracture one and half years back.Till now I have done 3 xrays. Previously the gap between the bones was much but now reduced. I am using doughnut pillow. But now the recent xrays show that it is less . I am getting pain while getting up and while lying down for a longer period of time. Please help me as it getting more painful,

Doctor Answers (1) on Tailbone fracture

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.tailbone ie coccyx fracture occurs when hit hard surface in sitting position, when direct hit to tailbone area, sitting for prolonged periods putting pressure over tailbone area,during childbirth... Usually rest with doughnut pillow usage will reduce pain and injury heals wel but in some pain persists longer due to bad sitting positions, constipation... treatment for such chronic pain are Avoid sitting down for long periods of time. When seated, avoid sitting on hard surfaces and alternate sitting on each side of the buttocks, lean forward and direct your weight away from the tailbone, take pain killers like tablet aceclofenac100mg ,Eat foods high in fiber to soften stools and avoid constipation, continue doughnut pillow usage.. while getting up and lying down your pain is increasing because your body weight pressure is directed towards tailbone.. please avoid it , like I have mentioned before lean bit forward while getting up and lying down on one side is better instead of flat.. hope this helped you..