Swollen Lymph Nodes
I have had swollen lymph nodes for a couple of months. Blood tests were normal. Chest X-Ray normal. Scan indicated possibility of granulomatous inflammation. I had an biopsy done on the two largest nodes. Report says "Sections show lymphnodal tissue showing numerous well formed granulomas composed of epithelioid histiocytes, lymphocytes, plasma cells admixed with Langhan's type of mutinucleated giant cells. Caseous necrosis is evident. There is no evidence of malignancy. Stains of AFBTB and fungi are negative". IMPRESSION: Necrotizing granulomatous inflammation. What does this mean?

This may be a TB of lymph nodes but as mentioned the Stains of AFBTB is negative, its ruling out the chances of TB. Better consult the nearby doc. As many reports and your examination has to be corelated and medications shud be started.