Swollen knee
My friend jumped on me and my knee got twisted. Since then swelling is there in the knee. I can walk on the injured leg but due to swelling i cant move it up or down. How the swelling can be reduced.?
73 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

You have to ice the in knee. Give it adequate rest. Don't walk or run for a few days. Keep the leg elevated on a stool while sitting and on two pillows while lying down. Visit a local doctor who will prescribe pain meds. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. If pain persists beyond 3 days you need to have it examined by an ortho surgeon. He may order an xray or MRI to arrive at a diagnosis. Good luck!
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Swollen bruised knee after fall Swollen knee after falling
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.