Swollen knee
My friend jumped on me and my knee got twisted. Since then swelling is there in the knee. I can walk on the injured leg but due to swelling i cant move it up or down. How the swelling can be reduced.?

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Chennai

You have to ice the in knee. Give it adequate rest. Don't walk or run for a few days. Keep the leg elevated on a stool while sitting and on two pillows while lying down. Visit a local doctor who will prescribe pain meds. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. If pain persists beyond 3 days you need to have it examined by an ortho surgeon. He may order an xray or MRI to arrive at a diagnosis. Good luck!