Swollen Anus

I've got a swollen Anus. Very difficult to sit. There is no blood or pus. What can be the problem and how much would it cost to be treated? Can the treatment be covered under medical insurance?

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 10 yrs exp Delhi

1.Yes.Surley Hemorrhoids. 2.Plenty of water. 3.Sitz Bath. 4.Fibre. 5.Certain Medications.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. it could be haemorrhoids or even a abscess of some sort. You need to get it checked out by a general surgeon in person. after establishing the diagnosis only a plan for the management can be made and that time you will get to know the cost . yes, these things are covered by most health insurers. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pankaj Kumar
General Physician 10 yrs exp Delhi

Almost every chronic problems are covered in mediclaim after 3 yrs of purchase of it... Surgery is very simple and generally daycare procedure.. It costs around 35k - 65 k...
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Which part of your anus is swollen exactly? You are mostly refereeing to haemorrhoids. Treatment of haemorrhoids depends on its grade. In mild cases, analgesics, sitz bath, having diet rich in fibres and stool softeners will be enough to control it. In severe cases surgery might be required. Kindly consult a general surgeon for further evaluation.