Swollen Anus

I've got a swollen Anus. Very difficult to sit. There is no blood or pus. What can be the problem and how much would it cost to be treated? Can the treatment be covered under medical insurance?

Doctor Answers (4) on Swollen Anus

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Practitioner
1.Yes.Surley Hemorrhoids.

2.Plenty of water.

3.Sitz Bath.

4.Fibre.

5.Certain Medications.

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. it could be haemorrhoids or even a abscess of some sort. You need to get it checked out by a general surgeon in person. after establishing the diagnosis only a plan for the management can be made and that time you will get to know the cost . yes, these things are covered by most health insurers. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pankaj Kumar Delhi | General Physician
Almost every chronic problems are covered in mediclaim after 3 yrs of purchase of it... Surgery is very simple and generally daycare procedure.. It costs around 35k - 65 k...
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Which part of your anus is swollen exactly? You are mostly refereeing to haemorrhoids. Treatment of haemorrhoids depends on its grade. In mild cases, analgesics, sitz bath, having diet rich in fibres and stool softeners will be enough to control it. In severe cases surgery might be required. Kindly consult a general surgeon for further evaluation.