Swollen and pain in gums

Gums around my right wisdom tooth started swelling and it hurts. But not painful enough to visit a dentist. I've tried rinsing my mouth with warm salt water. Please suggest other home remedies and what could be the cause of this.
views-icons 236 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dental Surgeon 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. Its a most common problem associated with wisdom tooth eruption. You can apply gel on the affected gum area . Either pansoral gel or dologel 6-7 times daily.. Regards
Dr. Vishwas Bansal
Orthodontist 5 yrs exp Haridwar
Firstly u should visit a dentist as no problem is small as your health is concerned For time being u can apply any analgesic gel like orahelp in that area
Dr. Avinash Sahu
Dentist 6 yrs exp Dharwad
Hi, you should visit a dentist because some or the other day you have to. You are complicating your problem. Better get it cured because it might lead to some serious complications. Best of luck.
Dr. Bijoyesh Marda
Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon 19 yrs exp Delhi
The possible cause for your problem could be an erupting wisdom tooth, it is a common problem where there is lack of space for the wisdom tooth to come out. As regards your pain not enough to visit a dentist, the old adage of prevention being better than cure should be kept in mind.
Dr. Latesh Jogekar
Implantologist 3 yrs exp Nagpur
There is no home remedies for dental problems... If ur Not interested to visit dentist then take 1or 2 analgesic nd continue with salty warm water rinsing 3-4 times a day....