Swollen and pain in gums

Gums around my right wisdom tooth started swelling and it hurts. But not painful enough to visit a dentist. I've tried rinsing my mouth with warm salt water. Please suggest other home remedies and what could be the cause of this.
views-icons 172 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (5) on Swollen and pain in gums

Dr. Vishwas Bansal Haridwar | Orthodontist
Firstly u should visit a dentist as no problem is small as your health is concerned For time being u can apply any analgesic gel like orahelp in that area
Hi, you should visit a dentist because some or the other day you have to. You are complicating your problem. Better get it cured because it might lead to some serious complications. Best of luck.
Dr. Bijoyesh Marda Noida | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
The possible cause for your problem could be an erupting wisdom tooth, it is a common problem where there is lack of space for the wisdom tooth to come out. As regards your pain not enough to visit a dentist, the old adage of prevention being better than cure should be kept in mind.
Dr. M. R. Pujari Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
Hi.. Its a most common problem associated with wisdom tooth eruption. You can apply gel on the affected gum area . Either pansoral gel or dologel 6-7 times daily.. Regards
Dr. Latesh Jogekar Nagpur | Implantologist
There is no home remedies for dental problems... If ur Not interested to visit dentist then take 1or 2 analgesic nd continue with salty warm water rinsing 3-4 times a day....