Swelling of legs

Hi, whenever I return from office, my legs near my ankle gets swelled. This is irrespective of whether I wear shoes or sandals. If I sit continously for 2-3 hours it gets swelled. Can you please help me in identifying the cause fro it ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Swelling of legs

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
There are many causes for leg swelling... It depends upon your occupation,weight, your medical conditions like hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, heart failure, certain hormonal issues,kidney disease etc... Considering your weight and height you are over weight..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...Consult nearest physician for clinical examination and for lab investigations they will do the needful.