Swelling near ankle

I had pain in my feet from this monday. But the pain was not much to bother about. But it went on increasing day by day and on thursday, sitting at my workplace, It became so severe that i had to remove my shoes and i found that the area near the ankle on left feet has all swelled up and i just can't walk properly after that due to excessive pain. Visited the doctor same day. He gave me some meditations(i attached the same). I am taking the medicines from last 2 days. But of no use. Swelling has not reduced by even a little amount. I was even using bandage during night. Please suggest me what can be done now? Ps. - I bought new formal shoes on sunday and was wearing the same on whole day on sunday and they were tight near the fingers. And i am wearing the same from that day. Can it be reason for the same or some other issue is there?

Doctor Answers (1) on Swelling near ankle

Dr. Anshu S.R Sachdev Pune | Orthopedist
Please get your following blood test done Hemogram ESR S. Uric acid Let us know the report. Also, in the meantime stop wearing your new shoes.