Swelling above elbow
My 9 yr old son have some swelling above his right elbow and below the triceps. Not too much pain except when pressing hard or trying to bend the elbow completely on 0 degree. USG report says "Large lobulated subcutaneous fluid collection measuring 3.9*1*2.4 cm noted above elbow postero-laterally with internal echoes. No calcification/internal vascularity. Minimal overlying probe tenderness noted". Please suggest me if its a minor issue and what is the next step to cure it.

Dr. Dhiraj (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 17 yrs exp Gurgaon

For how long it's there.It seems to be a bursitis also known as student's elbow.Do ice packs for 15 mints twice a day for three days. Apply volini or any other good suitable nsaid for 5 days. It should subside slowly.

Swelling in elbow after workova