Sutures in mouth

I have to get my wisdom tooth removed through a surgical procedure. Could somebody Guide me whether i should opt for normal sutures or dissolvable sutures? Also, how long does the surgery goes on? Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sutures in mouth

Either of them will work.
Resorbable sutures are usually suited for patients who cannot revisit the Dentist for sututue removal.
I'll suggest you should not worry for the same.
Regards
Hi
good afternoon
extraction or removal of wisdom teeth is a little tricky since its placed right at the back of your mouth and the access to the tooth is not generous. Sometimes the tooth isn't fully erupted and it may have a layer of bone or gums covering it.
Depending on how the tooth is placed and whether it has some bone covering it; the time it takes to remove  the tooth varies. It may take anywhere from 15-45 minutes to remove it.
I personally prefer non resorbable sutures to resorbable ones in the mouth since they have higher strength and less chances of infection.
regards