diabetes-icon
Sugar level for operation
My grandmother of age 60 approx. Had is a sugar patient. Recently she had some eye problem. Doctor said that sugar levels has to be decreased to do the operation.or else they can't. Now what should we do to decrease the sugar levels.

Dr. A. Kavitha
Diabetologist 23 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello      Go and see a diabetologist.or u can visit my clinic it is displyed in practo..She might require insulin as she is going for surgery. Control her sugars to get her operated otherwise sometimes the surgery becomes complicated if it becomes hypermature cataract.And any sugery will be successful if the patient takes insulin for control of sugars.Post operative infections and complications will be less with insulin .You not be afraid of insulin injection as it is only temporary and you can come back to tablets after 1 month.