Suffering with HSV 1 & 2

Outbreak on fingers n thighs Firstly I have used acyclovir 800 BD tab for 15 days. After one month I have gone for test again it reduced from 4.69 to 2.86. After gap of one month I have started same dose again since one month. My wife suffering from HSV 1&2 (IGg 4.96) n she has no outbreak s. I have given same dose as above. I am using aloevera with turmeric cream for application. I am suffering from since 9 yrs. I.e. From my marriage onwards. I have already used acyclovir execareF creams but no use. Please help me to get over from this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Suffering with HSV 1 & 2

Thanks for the query. Recurrent herpetic infection is troublesome though it can be managed in a very effective way through suppressive prophylaxis that is long term intake of antivirals in a reduced dosage. There are different regimens to start and it depends on the treating Dermatologist and the patient choices. Have hopes and you will surely get of this in my personal opinion.