Suffering from hair loss

I'm suffering from hair loss is there any medication or treatment available without side effects ? What are my options apart from hair transplant?

Doctor Answers (2) on Suffering from hair loss

NAGARAJU D Hyderabad | Dermatosurgeon
Dear patient
Hair fall is caused by many reasons and it has various patterns like diffuse hair fall or patchy...
Depending on the cause different medications are given with minimal to mild side effects which are tolerable and nothing to worry...
And I do hair transplantation in cases of androgenitic alopecia and stable scarring alopecia cases only to improve hair density and cosmetic appearance...
And other than meds and hair transplantation there are newer modalities such as prp therapy and low light led therapy etc.. But these things can be tried depending on the patient case and affordability..
With increasing affordability people are more aware of the cosmetic appearance and hair fall forms a major part of the complaints. It is more difficult to manage if there is a family member with similar hair fall, it indicates genetics and we know that the person is destined to lose hair if not intervened and corrective measures are not taken. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil in 5% strength). One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Minoxidil is recommended by US-FDA for indefinite usage. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. Hair transplant is not a solution as it does not address the cause of hair fall.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.