Sudden jerks, Anxiety

Hello, I have been facing sudden jerks throughout the day since last 8 months. I also have anxiety and get frustrated frequently. My vitamin B12 and D levels are low and have high BP. I am facing all symptoms for B12*deficiency and GAD. I have consulted couple of doctors out of which one suggested to take B12 and D supplements because it could be a reason the way I am feeling and also also consult a psychologist to work on my issues but not take medicines for it as of now. The other one gave me a blood pressure medicine which seems quite heavy and I might have to take it for life. He suggested me to go to a psychiatrist and take medicines if I have to in order to get better. Both of them might be right and have different ways of treatment. I want to get well but eating medicines for life to keep myself sane does not seem good. Please suggest my course of action. I am happy to provide any info. I need help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sudden jerks, Anxiety

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., Keep physically active. Develop a routine so that you're physically active most days of the week. Exercise is a powerful stress reducer. It may improve your mood and help you stay healthy. Start out slowly and gradually increase the amount and intensity of your activities....Avoid alcohol and other sedatives. These substances can worsen anxiety....Quit smoking and cut back or quit drinking coffee. Both nicotine and caffeine can worsen anxiety....