Sudden blackout

From a few days i am facing this problem of sudden blackout. Many times when i stand up suddenly there is a complete blackout in front of my eyes for a few seconds. A few days ago i woke up midnight to go to the toilet. Suddenly i felt like vomiting and then there was a complete blackout and i collapsed in the bathroom, but regained conscious within seconds.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sudden blackout

Dear Sir You need to consult a Neurosurgeon at once for Clinical Examination and Fundus Examination
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your, Syncope refers to a sudden loss of consciousness often accompanied with collapse, more commonly known as a blackout or faint. Syncope is caused by a lack of blood or oxygen to the brain. When this happens, the brain attempts to increase blood flow to itself by diverting blood away from the rest of the body. There are a number of situations that can induce syncope. Too little food or water, low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia), intense physical exercise, and standing up too quickly can all cause an episode of fainting. Additionally, low blood pressure (hypotension) and an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia) can also cause a lack of blood to the brain or lesions in brain or carotid artery could induce syncope. You need to be undergo physical examination and some tests to find cause. Please consult MD medicine physician.