Sudden fever

I had a very unexpected and sudden fever yesterday night. I do not have any cold or any such problem. Just that i felt too cold and was shivering due to it and felt feverish. I am fine in the morning with no fever. Can anyone tell what could be the reason. Should i consult doctor? having doxycyclin tabs 4 pimple treatm

Doctor Answers (1) on Sudden fever

Sharath Kumar K N
Mandya | General Physician
A fever is a temporary increase in your body temperature, often due to an illness. Having a fever is a sign that something out of the ordinary is going on in your body.Fever or elevated body temperature might be caused by:A virus, a bacterial infection, heat exhaustion, or excessive work. In a healthy adult, a mild fever may be transient and the body is able to cope without any risk to the health of a person, in this case over the counter paracetamol is enough, However, high fevers (above 40 degrees Celsius/104 degrees Farenheit) or a persistent fever may be an indication of more serious underlying causes that need to be isolated and treated as soon as possible.