diabetes-icon

Sudden Hair Loss

I'm having Diabetes Type 2 and I'm facing sudden hair loss! I can literally see my skull. Is there a cure for that? Can I get my hair back? And hair fall is happening seriously fast from last 2-3 weeks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sudden Hair Loss

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Hairfall of upto 100 strands per day is normal to find. Since you are saying its making your scalp visible, it could be pathological. A lot of things can cause hairfall. Some of the causes are: a bad shampoo, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, certain infections of the scalp and hair itself, certain diseases. To treat it, will need to find out tge exact cause of this. You can take care of nutritional deficiency part like have a bition rich diet, have lots of fruits and vegetables and have a high protein diet. For other bit, you need to consult a dermatologist in person. Whatever may be the cause in your case. Treatment can be done. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain