Sudden breathlessness
I am experiencing sudden onset of breathlessness when I climb a flight of stairs or even while sleeping. I am also having wet cough. I have a history of bronchitis. I usually nebulize (levolin 0.63) when felling short of breath which helps me relax. Is this a serious issue or just a passing problem due to wet cough?

Dr. Satish Kumar Gadi (Lt Col)
General Physician 40 yrs exp Gurgaon

Sudden onset of breathlessness can be due to your bronchitis problem. But it should be taken seriously in view of the present day circumstances when influenza and other viral fevers are present. You should be thoroughly examined and investigated if required, by a competent doctor before any opinion can be given. In the mean time you should continue with nebulization. You must consult your doctor without undue delay.