Breathlessness due to gas

I have been having this weird problem of waking up in the middle of the night generally within 1st hour of sleep, where I wake up suddenly short of breath. It feels like someone stopped my breath. And there is lit of palpitation at that time and hardly able to see properly anything. I have consulted both the chest doctors and gastrointestinal doctors. The chest x ray and lung functions tests and ecg are all normal. But I have gastro reflux (gerd) problem which was acute at one time, but under check now. Medication which has been helping is nexpro-40. I Doctors say it's nothing to worry about. But the thing is it is very scary when it happens almost every night. And sometimes during day too. And it's been over an year now. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Breathlessness due to gas

Breathlessness due to increase pressures on lungs due to expansion of stomach filled with gas . Late eating habits increase such kind of episodes. Late gastric emptying occurred .you take your dinner earlier as much as possible. Hingwastak churna 1 tsf bd with buttermilk Syp liv 52 ds 2 tsf bd after food Tab neo 2 hs Cap stresscom 2 bd with milk Syp gasex 3 tsf bd ×15 days Avoid spicy fast foods Avoid air formation food like besan. Dal. Bread. Rice etc.