Stye formation on eye lid

I had a small lump or growth over my eye lid about a month back. There is no pain, even when pressed with finger. Now it has grown bigger and become multiple, looks like about 3 have come up close to each other. But usually stye formation is at the edge of the eye lid, mine is in the middle of upper eye lid. What is the best solution to get rid of this. Also why does it occur? Around this time, i started consuming Chavanprash , could that be a reason? Because along with stye i am having sudden out break of mouth ulcers. Just not stopping, even though i have stopped eating chavanprash !
views-icons 31 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Stye formation on eye lid

Dr. Balasubramaian K Chennai | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello there, Your stye has probably become a chalazion now. It will take time (2-3 months) to disappear. Apply artificial tear eye drops and give hot compresses to the swelling. If it does not disappear even after a month or two, it will have to be operated. It is harmless though, only causing cosmetic problem. Meanwhile you can get your vision checked, refractive error can cause these swellings and blood sugars can also be checked once. Your chawanprash is very unlikely to be the cause though.