Stuck in Sleep
Sometimes when I sleep,I used to get stuck in between..I hear all the surroundings clearly ,try hard to wake up,but all my body parts restrict me to do so..it usually happen from 5-10min sometimes..Please suggest & help me to recognize this weird thing. Thank you

Dr. Diwakar Sharma
Psychiatrist 7 yrs exp Delhi

Hi there, This is a pretty common phenomenon usually seen in stages of light sleep and usually in late hours of sleep closer to waking time. Its quite an experience though scary but nevr harmful. If this gets repeated too often then u need to see a psychiatrist of ur choice and may have to get medications for a while. Hope this helps but feel free to consult for any further queries. Take care.