Stone realted diet

I m suffering from stone problem since last 2 years..having 2 stone in left kidney and 2 stone in right kidney size 3-4 mm..i have taking all medicine bt not effective...having uric acid stone... now I want to change my diet..so plz advice me some details diet to remove stone naturally..plz I need humble ans from dietitians not by other specialist like general physician.thz and I am taking 4 lit water per day. And cranberry n lemon juice also.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Dietitian/Nutritionist 13 yrs exp Kolkata

Hi Welcome - Limitations of high oxalate foods may help reduce your chance of forming another oxalate stone. Organic foods , Red meat and shellfish have high concentrations of a natural chemical compound known as a purine. High purine intake leads to a higher production of uric acid that accumulates as crystals in the joints, or as stones in the kidneys. So cut down on high-purine foods like all animal foods, lentil, soya,some or mostly dairy foods and follow a healthy diet that contains mostly vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and low fat dairy products.Drink 4-5 ltrs water in summer.

Hello there we understand your feeling and your condition too. Since you have asked us the diet related to renal stone. For this you need to avoid tea, coffee, caffeinated drinks, alcohol and smoking. You shoukd have leafy vegetables and milk in equal proportions and also take adequate water too. Along with this you need to gave regular checkups with your urologist too. Do nit take any risk of taking decision on your own Thank you