Kidney Stones

I want to join GYM and work out to make Six pack abbs and get complete body toning. However my problem is Kidney stones (big). I have been operated for them before but they have reoccurred again and there is NO point to get operated once again. Question 1: Can a nutritionist/dietician help me in achieving six pack abbs (complete body toning) by prescribing me appropriate diet keeping in mind by kidney stones issue ? Question 2: Will i have to tell the nutritionist/dietician about the GYM exercises i do and accordingly he will tell me the diet ? I am not sure how does this work NOTE: I am a beginner in Gyming. I also got my stones checked form Dr. Lal path labs and have the report of the same when i was operated in 2010-11 Thank you so much in advance for your guidance and help,

Doctor Answers (2) on Kidney Stones

Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi,
As a Nutritionist I will suggest you, that if you are into body building n toning, it is very important to move on right path. So, it is suggested that you take help of any dietician n discuss your health issues too, based on that, you will be guided to achieve your health goals. You can contact me too. Rest for your kidney stones, Dr. Venkat has  already guided you.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... You must drink lot of water, Reduce daily salt intake to less than 1,500 mg per day.Reduce intake of animal protein to no more than two servings of six to eight ounces each....Protein is required for body building but it's not good for kidney if taken in excess quantity.