Hi, I am Gastro surgeon Dr.Satish Devakumar.
Upper abdomen pain may be due to gastritis.
Medicine must be taken regularly for at least 4 weeks.
Medicine alone will not help. You have to follow some lifestyle changes.
1. Never miss any of your meals.
2. Avoid spicy and oily foods.
3. Avoid coffee and tea.
4. Split your 3-meals / day to 6 - meals / day.
5. Avoid sweets and snacks and beverages.
6. Never miss your breakfast.
7. Avoid heavy meals at night. Preferably eat half stomach in night.
8. Eat at least 2hr before going to sleep.
9. Sleep with your head slightly raised by adding extra pillow.
10. Have atleast 8hr sleep/day.
11. Exercise/ brisk walking at least 1hr /day.
Medicine + Lifestyle changes will help.
If not consult your doctor for further details.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.