Hi, I am Gastro surgeon Dr.Satish Devakumar.
Upper abdomen pain may be due to gastritis.
Medicine must be taken regularly for at least 4 weeks.
Medicine alone will not help. You have to follow some lifestyle changes.
1. Never miss any of your meals.
2. Avoid spicy and oily foods.
3. Avoid coffee and tea.
4. Split your 3-meals / day to 6 - meals / day.
5. Avoid sweets and snacks and beverages.
6. Never miss your breakfast.
7. Avoid heavy meals at night. Preferably eat half stomach in night.
8. Eat at least 2hr before going to sleep.
9. Sleep with your head slightly raised by adding extra pillow.
10. Have atleast 8hr sleep/day.
11. Exercise/ brisk walking at least 1hr /day.
Medicine + Lifestyle changes will help.
If not consult your doctor for further details.