Stomach infection
Hi... My sister is suffering from severe stomach infection since more dan 3 weeks. She is passing watery motions and vomitting along vid severe pain in d stomach. She was hospitalized last week and was under observation for 2 days. The motions r in control now but she is still on liquid diet coz whatever she eats she vomits. Just want to know if she is suffering frm bulimia. Can a gastroenterologist help in dis case ? She is also suffering from Vertigo and High blood sugar.
53 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Arunabha Das
General Physician 5 yrs exp Darjeeling
This is a case of acute gastroenteritis with severe dehydration. So, solid diet intake may induce vomiting tendency. Yes, gastroenterologist is the first choice for consultation. You should consult any good endocrinologist for treatment of high blood sugar. Consult any general physician or dietician also for learning about preventive methods of diabetes and dietary lifestyle modifications.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.