Stomach & ribs pain

My dad has suffered from a crunch ache in his stomach and it gets shifted to back and ribs also. He had consulted with many doctors but no positive result is seen . Initially he was taking mabicon , rifagut , rablet and pregeb M 75 . Now he is taking drotin and nexpro 20. But right now he isn't getting any relief from pain and doctors now referring for endoscopy. So suggest us something better option. Shall we go for endoscopy or not? And are these medicines all right??

Doctor Answers (1) on Stomach & ribs pain

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there I can understand your concern for your father Yes these medicines are perfectly alright because if they were not , they would 'nt have been prescribed in the first place . Also , endoscopy is the best option so follow the doctors advice and go ahead because that is how things are evaluated in medicine . Consult a gastroenterologist and stick to one doctor dont go to many doctors . Best regards , Dr. Anil Kumar J Jain