Stiffness in hands

This is about my mother. She experiences painful stiffness in her hands sometimes. What can be the possible causes for this and how can this be overcame ? What exercise, if any, would you suggest ?

Hell there...., I can understand your concern... Joint stiffness can be caused by injury or disease of the joint and is a common finding in the arthritis conditions. Joint damage, including stiffness, can also occur following injury to the joint. Sometimes injuries or inflammation of the adjacent areas, such as bursae, can cause pain that may limit the movement of a joint and be perceived as joint stiffness.....Consult orthopedician for further evaluation and treatment....
Dr. Jay R gupta
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
She has typical defeating changes like arthritis. only exs is not the option.she want hydrotherapy treatment.as well ultrasound therapy and interferential therapy.