cancer-icon

Stem Cell Transplant

I have been treated for myeloid sarcoma by providing continuous 7 days of chemotherpy.My bone marrow was functioning well before treatment and is functioning well after the treatment as well. My doctor has now prescribed Stem Cell Transplant. My query is why stem cell transplant is required in my case although my bone morrow is fine and all blood reports are ok. Doctor has not done any test after treatment to come to conclusion on doing stem cell transplant. Without any reports on what basis stem cell transplant is prescribed in my case?
views-icons 69 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Well sir.. We need little more details about your case and also need to examine you as we cannot analyse and comment without that....well stem cell transplant is because of your case and chemotherapy is only to clean of the systemic disease...whereas transplant is for the disease per se...thank you
Dr. Deepak Gupta
Oncologist/Cancer Specialist 16 yrs exp Jaipur
After 7 day chemotherapy when disease is cured for once then you should receive further chemotherapies (consolidations) for 3-4 doses. I don't think you need transplant for now. Its not recommended untill unless your cytogenetics report is very high risk to suggest transplant.