Squient eyes

I am having squient by birth of inward type of 5 degree can I use prisamatic glasses please suggest me

Doctor Answers (3) on Squient eyes

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
helllo 5 degree squint is very minimal....very difficult for people to appreciate it. you can use prismatic glasses without fear..but after consulting squint specialist
Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Have you consulted any squint specialist before?if not then consult him right away.if yes then can you let me know whether esotropia is accomodative or constant? If it is accomodative then you must wear hyperopic glasses and if not then surgery may be the choice.prisms are mostly given to paralytic squint where patient is having diplopia to relieve the symptoms.not for constant esotropia.so prisms are not the right choice according to me.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... In some cases, squint eye symptoms may come and go, making it necessary to wear glasses and frequently do eye exercises to align your eyes.. .The condition sometimes occurs because of vision deterioration; in this case, you must have your vision loss corrected in order for squint surgery to be effective..... Consult Ophthalmologist for further advice...